Who’s ready to go on a field trip?!08/14/2019 by Diana Dalsin
Are you looking for an active volunteer position?
Love to hit the open road and explore the Twin Cities? Then we have the position for YOU!
Bridging is searching for volunteers to join our warehouse team in the morning hours, Monday through Friday. Shifts are generally three hours in length and done before noon. We currently have openings in both locations; Roseville and Bloomington. Warehouse Volunteers assist during the mornings and work alongside staff and volunteers of all ages. Plus, you’d get to meet the residential and corporate donors who stock the shelves with quality goods so Bridging clients have wonderful items to choose from each week.
Bridging “Field Trips” take you all across the Twin Cities metro! One day you may visit a home donor who has a few boxes, sofa and dresser to pick up and the next day you may be at a hotel downtown getting artwork and beds! Never a dull moment. Experience the community’s generosity first-hand!
OK, tell me more! What are the specifics of this volunteer shift?
- Moving donated furniture, bags and boxes throughout the warehouse. Restocking shelves.
- Loading and unloading vehicles – both at Bridging and offsite
- Lifting required; many carts and dollies available to make it easier!
- Head out on “Field trips” in the community to pick up donations; must be 18+ to go on trucks.
- Go the extra mile – sign up to be a DRIVER! Drivers must be 21 or older, have a valid license and pass a physical for MnDOT.
- Set a weekly schedule OR rotate week to week for flexibility. Shifts are scheduled in advance.
- Call us! We’d be happy to answer your questions; Wendy (Roseville: 651.319.9295) or Ruth (Bloomington: 952.460.3750)
- Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and join us for a tour to learn more.
- Try it out! No need to commit to a long-term schedule right away. See how you like it and go from there!