Bridging has two locations in the Twin Cities.
- Bloomington: 201 W 87th St Bloomington, MN 55420
- Roseville: 1730 Terrace Dr. Roseville, MN 55113
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Note: Bridging is closed on all major holidays. Please call or check online if we are open.
Donors: Drop off your furniture and household goods for free, no appointment necessary when making a donation at a warehouse. Bridging staff and volunteers are on hand to help you offload. Pull up directly to an overhead garage door.
Yes, we have fee-based home pick up service! (SUSPENDED until 4.4.20 at the earliest)
Residential donors can schedule a fee-based home pickup in most of the 7-county Twin Cities metro area. This year-round service can be scheduled online or with a Bridging representative by calling our main phone, 952.888.1105. Appointments are made for 4-hour blocks. We generally book 1-2 weeks out. Options available for both outside or inside your home.
Why is this service fee-based?
- Bridging is a non-profit organization that provides donated items to clients in need.
- Our fleet of vehicles cost our organization over $100,000 per year to maintain and insure. We ask that our community of donors help pay for this expense by paying the fee for pickup service.
- If we didn’t ask our community to help, we would not have adequate funding available to run the trucks. Thus, the program would not be available.
NO COST Drop Off Option: (SUSPENDED until 4.4.20 at the earliest)
Donors can also drop off furniture and housewares at either one of our two locations, Bloomington or Roseville, Monday through Saturday.
- No appointment necessary.
- Staff and volunteers are available to assist in unloading your vehicle.
- Check hours of operation and holiday schedules.
General information about WHAT and HOW to donate furniture and housewares to Bridging: Learn more
Non-residential donors are vital to stocking our shelves! In fact, 30% of our product is provided by organizations such as those listed below.
Who is a “non-residential” donor?
- Hotels (guest room items, lobby furniture and banquet halls)
- Retailers and Manufacturers (includes new and discontinued items)
- Restaurants (i.e. tables, chairs, dishes, glassware, silverware)
- Corporate (i.e. lunchroom, cafeteria and lobby furniture, product)
- Faith-based Organizations (i.e. banquet halls and rummage sale leftovers)
Check out the complete Donate Your Stuff list and make sure we accept the items you want to get rid of today. All acceptable items must meet our quality standard and be ready to load. Your donation is tax-deductible.
NEXT STEPS: Determine what items will be accepted and how to get them to Bridging. Call Steve Jameson, Operations and Logistics Manager at 952.888.6462 with the following details:
- Main contact name and email/phone
- Location of items (Address)
- Description of items
- Do you wish to have a pick up? Do you have dock door?
- Decide between option 1 or option 2 below.
OPTION 1: Drop off at Bridging – Bloomington or Roseville
- No appointment needed. No online booking required.
- Donations accepted: Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Fridays/Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bridging is closed on Sundays and all major holidays.
OPTION 2: Arrange for a Bridging pick up at your location
Need help getting your items to Bridging? Contact Steve Jameson, Operations and Logistics Manager, via the online Contact Form.
- Corporate/institutional pickups are Mondays – Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
HOW DO DONATION RECEIPTS WORK?
Bridging is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donors may claim a tax deduction for items donated to Bridging.
When and where can I get a donation receipt?
- Download a Bridging Item Donation Receipt
- General receipts are available at Bridging’s warehouse dock doors and in the front office.
- Bridging does not provide values ($) for donations it receives. The IRS requires that the donor estimate the fair market value of donated items.
Read more about Valuation guides and receipts
Questions? Please contact Myra Van Delist, Business Services Manager.
Yes, when the item does not meet our quality standard.
It is important to Bridging that we provide quality, essential furniture and household goods to our clients when they are shopping in the warehouse. Therefore, we are unable to accept items that are not on our accepted donations list and/or are stained, ripped, torn, and/or include pet hair.
Team members have the right to refuse items that do not meet our quality standard. This may be done at our warehouse or on a residential home pick up.
Bridging’s Quality Standard:
- Quality, gently used and new items accepted.
- All items must be clean and in good working condition (fully-functioning).
- Free of rips, stains and/or pet hair.
- Not sure if you should donate an item? Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving it to a friend or family member.
- If it’s not on the Donate Your Stuff list, we don’t take it.
Thank you for considering Bridging as donation option for your item. Your support is instrumental to our ability to serve the Twin Cities community in need with quality, reusable items.
In order to meet the needs of most of our clients who are transitioning from homelessness into smaller apartments or live up narrow staircases, we have to make sure the items we receive will work within those smaller spaces. We can only accept the item if it meets our dimension requirements, otherwise the items do not get chosen, and they take up valuable warehouse space.
Please note the size restrictions on our donation list, in particular on our wood furniture pieces.
Do you have other usable items to donate but don’t know where to take them in the Twin Cities?
We know how difficult it can be to locate other organizations and non-profits in town who would like to put your usable item to good use.
Check out our most recent list of 2019 Donor Resource List. We annually update this list for donors and are happy to provide it to you. This list is also available at our dock doors and front desk.
This resource list includes where to donate items such as; office furniture, large appliances, clothing, sporting goods, child/infant items, building materials, etc.
Increase your gift to Bridging and your tax donation with a gift of stock. Donations of stock allow us to ensure that even more clients have the basic home essentials to furnish their home with hope.
Gifts of stock can make a big impact by donating long-term appreciated securities, including stock, bonds and mutual funds to Bridging.
For more information and to plan a stock transfer: contact Maggie Mau, Donor Relations Manager, 952.888.0777 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She will help ensure proper receipt and acknowledgement of your generous donation.
Whether it’s $1.00 or $1 million, it all makes an impact on our mission! All donations are tax-deductible and are a vital part of our life-enhancing work.
Donate online now or mail a check to: 201 West 87th Street, Bloomington, MN 55420 (Attn: Business Services Manager)
SET UP A RECURRING GIFT
Setting up a recurring gift is convenient, customizable, and environmentally friendly. Most important, recurring gifts ensure a steady source of support for Bridging. To setup a recurring gift, contact Maggie Mau, Donor Relations Manager, 952.888.0777 or email@example.com.
How it works:
- You determine the amount and timing of your gift (1st or 15th of each month)
- Your monthly gift can be made by credit card or bank account
- You will receive a consolidated gift letter at the end of each year
- Your recurring gift will continue until we receive written notice to end recurring gift
Planned Gifts help you prepare for your future, allow you to take sizeable income, gift, and estate tax deductions, and provide favorable capital gains tax treatment. They can also provide income for you and your loved ones for life. Consider including Bridging in your estate plans. If you already have done so, please let us know. Otherwise, we would be happy to discuss your Planned Giving options to Bridging. For more information contact Maggie Mau, Donor Relations Manager, 952.888.0777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Bridging supporter, you know we depend on your financial generosity. Every gift we receive—large or small—is important to us, because YOU make it possible for us to serve over 4,000 households every year.
Throughout our history, Bridging has expanded the boundaries of what is possible –providing a consistent shopping experience for clients, increasing our capacity, and growing our volunteer base through meaningful engagement. One driving force behind these advances is the friends of Bridging who make more possible today, and every day, through Planned Giving.
With many Planned Giving options available, you can provide a lasting gift and help us do more for more people. Planned Gifts help you prepare for your future, allow you to take sizeable income, gift, and estate tax deductions, and provide favorable capital gains tax treatment. They can also provide income for you and your loved ones for life.
Consider including Bridging in your estate plans. If you already have done so, please let us know. Otherwise, we would happy to discuss your Planned Giving to Bridging.
For more information, contact Maggie Mau, Donor Relations Manager, 952.888.0777 or maggie.mau@Bridging.org.