Effective March 27, Bridging will be CLOSED until further notice. This includes; shopping appointment, agency tours and the new bed purchase program. We will use this time to prepare for future phases of our operation. Read more
How can I get furniture, beds and housewares from Bridging?
We’re happy you’ve found us! Bridging provides a basic home setup to those who need most items necessary to create a comfortable and functioning home. Our basic home set-up generally includes gently-used upholstered furniture, a kitchen table and chairs, a mattress and box spring, linens, dishes, artwork, and more.
Getting a Referral to Bridging
Everyone who receives furniture at Bridging is referred to us through a human service provider, healthcare agency, or faith community. If you have a case manager or social worker ask them to contact us for assistance in setting up an appointment.
If you do not have a case manager or social worker, or they cannot refer you, please look at our agency finder list. This is a list of agencies that may be able to assist you with getting an appointment.
Review the current list of agencies – Agency Finder
You may also contact the Health and Human Service division in your county for further assistance:
STILL STUCK? Please call us, we would be happy to talk with you further. Call 952.888.1105.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does furniture cost? Our appointment fee is $60. Delivery is an additional $180 (available in the 7-county metro only). You may pick-up your own items for no additional charge. Please talk to your case manager about ways they may assist you with the fees.
- I have a Bridging appointment scheduled – How do I get more information? Contact your case manager – they should have all of your appointment information as well as information about what to expect during your appointment.
- Are the items used? Most of the items you receive will be gently used. We work hard to ensure that the items are of good quality, with no rips, stains, odors, or pet hair.
- I only need a few items – can I come to Bridging? Bridging’s model and fees are designed for those who need most times in their home – we do not have appointments for only a few items. Please speak with your case manager about alternative options if you are only looking for a few things for your home.
- Can someone shop with me? If you have medical, mental health, or interpretation needs and would benefit from assistance shopping please let your case manager know when you schedule your appointment. Together, we can accommodate these concerns.
- Can you deliver to my house/apartment? Yes, within the 7-county metro area. Please note: we can only move furniture up two flights of stairs without an elevator (this includes both outdoor and indoor sets of stairs). The fee for delivery is $180.
- How do I qualify? Speak with your case manager – if together you determine that Bridging is the best furniture and household goods resource for you then they can help you set-up an appointment.
- Can I come to Bridging again? Yes – please speak with your case manager if you need to visit Bridging again.
- What if you don’t have the item(s) I want? Our local community provides us with tremendous support in the form of donated items. Because we are a donation-based organization, occasionally we may not have an item you are looking for. You will still receive most items necessary for a comfortable and functioning home at each appointment. We are unable to accommodate “rain-checks” for unavailable items.