What We Accept
Help us provide the basic home essentials to nearly 13,000 people every year. Items that no longer have meaning to you can mean the world to a child, family, or individual in need. Read a few Lives We Touch to get inspired!
Our Quality Standard
- Gently used and new items accepted.
- Free of rips, stains, strong odors and/or pet hair.
- All items must be clean, fully functioning and in good condition.
- Not sure if you should donate an item? Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving it to a friend or family member.
- All staff and volunteers have the right to refuse items that do not meet Our Quality Standard.
- If an item is not on the list below, we do not accept it. View our Donor Resource list for additional options.
- Need a donation receipt? Download the Item Donation Receipt for your records.
- Ready to donate your stuff? See below for details on drop off and fee-based residential pick up options.
- How can I donate items from my COMPANY/ORGANIZATION? I have a large quantity of acceptable items.
To view the full details of each section – click on the right-hand arrow to expand
Bed frames: YES: metal, freestanding and folding, NO: headboards, footboards and wooden rails
Chairs: kitchen, rocking and upholstered (no powered chairs)
Coat rack/hall tree
Desks: 42″(w) x 24″(d) or smaller
Futons: complete set only (frame and mattress)
Mattresses and box springs: stain and rip free (no powered beds)
YES: twin, full, queen, king size accepted – memory foam ok
NO: cribs, electrical beds, bunk beds, trundle beds, sleeper sofas, or rollaways
Sofas, loveseats, and ottomans (no sleeper or powered sofas)
Stools: counter and bar height
Tables: Nightstand, coffee, end
Tables: kitchen and dining (no glass, stone or tile tops)
TV Stands: 36″ high or less
Wood furniture: large/bookcases, 72″(h) x 36″(w) or smaller
LINENS, KITCHEN & BATH ESSENTIALS: full sets not required
Bakeware: casseroles, loaf and muffin pans, pie plates, rectangular, pizza pans, and cookie sheets
Bathroom: shower curtains, bath mats, soap dish, wastebaskets, and toothbrush holders
Bed linens: pillowcases, flat and fitted sheets, mattress pads and bed skirts
Blankets, comforters, bedspreads: all sizes
Colanders and strainers
Cookware: all sizes, pots and pans
Dishes: plates, bowls, cups + serving pieces, butter dish and salt/pepper shakers
Glassware: all sizes, drinking and stemware
Hangers: plastic only
Knives, cutting boards and knife blocks
Laundry baskets and bags
Napkin, utensil and paper towel holders
Pillows: sleeping and decorative
Plasticware and food storage containers
Platters and serving trays
Rugs (max. size 8’ high x 10’ wide)
Silverware: forks, spoons, knives, serving pieces
Storage: bins, baskets, canisters
Table linens: placemats, table cloths, and napkins
Tea kettles, thermoses, travel mugs
Towels: kitchen and bath (wash, hand and bath)
Utensils (serving): spatulas, can openers, mixing spoons, whisks, peelers, tongs, scissors, and slicers
Wastebaskets and trash cans
Blenders, Cuisinart, food processors and mixers
Fans: box and floor (no ceiling fixtures)
Hairdryers, curling irons and flat iron
Heaters: small and electric
Irons and Ironing boards
Lamps: floor and table (no fixtures)
Microwaves (counter tops only)
Specialty appliances: electric griddles, woks, fry pans, panini press/grills and rice steamers
Toasters and toaster ovens
TVs, remotes and converter boxes: Manufactured in 2008 or newer – 30” or smaller tube TVs, 42” or smaller, free standing flat panel TVs
All must be framed
Ready to Donate Your Stuff?
You have 2 options to get your donations to Bridging:
- Drop off for free at your nearest warehouse. No appointment necessary, Bridging team members are available to unload.
- Schedule a fee-based residential/home pick up: schedule a pick up for the 7-county metro area, year-round service. We are able to schedule appointments within a 4-hour window.
- Read more about our home pick up program.
- Need a donation receipt? Download the Item Donation Receipt for tax purposes.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Note: Bridging is closed on all major holidays. Contact Us for more details.