Bridging office and warehouses are CLOSED Saturday, May 25 and Monday, May 27 in honor of the Memorial Day holiday. Please have a safe and happy holiday weekend.
What We Accept
Help us provide the basic home essentials to nearly 13,000 people every year. Items that no longer have meaning to you can mean the world to a child, family, or individual in need. Read a few Lives We Touch to get inspired!
Our Quality Standard
- Gently used and new items accepted.
- Free of rips, stains, strong odors and/or pet hair.
- All items must be clean, fully functioning and in good condition.
- Not sure if you should donate an item? Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving it to a friend or family member.
- All staff and volunteers have the right to refuse items that do not meet Our Quality Standard.
- If an item is not on the list below, we do not accept it. View our Donor Resource list for additional options.
- Need a donation receipt? Download the Item Donation Receipt for your records.
- Ready to donate your stuff? See below for details on drop off and fee-based residential pick up options.
- How can I donate items from my COMPANY/ORGANIZATION? I have a large quantity of acceptable items.
To view the full details of each section – click on the right-hand arrow to expand
Bed frames: YES: metal, freestanding and folding, NO: headboards, footboards and wooden rails
Chairs: kitchen, rocking and upholstered (no powered chairs)
Coat rack/hall tree
Desks: 42″(w) x 24″(d) or smaller
Futons: complete set only (frame and mattress)
Mattresses and box springs: stain and rip free (no powered beds)
YES: twin, full, queen, king size accepted – memory foam ok
NO: cribs, electrical beds, bunk beds, trundle beds, sleeper sofas, or rollaways
Sofas, loveseats, and ottomans (no sleeper or powered sofas)
Stools: counter and bar height
Tables: Nightstand, coffee, end
Tables: kitchen and dining (no glass, stone or tile tops)
TV Stands: 36″ high or less
Wood furniture: large/bookcases, 72″(h) x 36″(w) or smaller
LINENS, KITCHEN & BATH ESSENTIALS: full sets not required
Bakeware: casseroles, loaf and muffin pans, pie plates, rectangular, pizza pans, and cookie sheets
Bathroom: shower curtains, bath mats, soap dish, wastebaskets, and toothbrush holders
Bed linens: pillowcases, flat and fitted sheets, mattress pads and bed skirts
Blankets, comforters, bedspreads: all sizes
Colanders and strainers
Cookware: all sizes, pots and pans
Dishes: plates, bowls, cups + serving pieces, butter dish and salt/pepper shakers
Glassware: all sizes, drinking and stemware
Hangers: plastic only
Knives, cutting boards and knife blocks
Laundry baskets and bags
Napkin, utensil and paper towel holders
Pillows: sleeping and decorative
Plasticware and food storage containers
Platters and serving trays
Rugs (max. size 8’ high x 10’ wide)
Silverware: forks, spoons, knives, serving pieces
Storage: bins, baskets, canisters
Table linens: placemats, table cloths, and napkins
Tea kettles, thermoses, travel mugs
Towels: kitchen and bath (wash, hand and bath)
Utensils (serving): spatulas, can openers, mixing spoons, whisks, peelers, tongs, scissors, and slicers
Wastebaskets and trash cans
Blenders, Cuisinart, food processors and mixers
Fans: box and floor (no ceiling fixtures)
Hairdryers, curling irons and flat iron
Heaters: small and electric
Irons and Ironing boards
Lamps: floor and table (no fixtures)
Microwaves (counter tops only)
Specialty appliances: electric griddles, woks, fry pans, panini press/grills and rice steamers
Toasters and toaster ovens
TVs, remotes and converter boxes: Manufactured in 2008 or newer – 30” or smaller tube TVs, 42” or smaller, free standing flat panel TVs
All must be framed
Ready to Donate Your Stuff?
You have 2 options to get your donations to Bridging:
- Drop off for free at your nearest warehouse. No appointment necessary, Bridging team members are available to unload.
- Schedule a fee-based residential/home pick up: schedule a pick up for the 7-county metro area, year-round service. We are able to schedule appointments within a 4-hour window.
- Read more about our home pick up program.
- Need a donation receipt? Download the Item Donation Receipt for tax purposes.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Note: Bridging is closed on all major holidays. Contact Us for more details.